Sign up to Wool.com and create your own personal wool hub.
Wool Week Australia
Celebrating Australia’s most important fashion export - Merino wool - Wool Week is an opportunity for designers, retailers and consumers to come together and unite, shining the spotlight on our homegrown fibre and the tens of thousands of Australian woolgrowers who produce it.
Wool Week is an initiative of AWI and its marketing subsidiary the Woolmark Company. It arose from the global Campaign for Wool and aims to educate consumers about the natural benefits of wool and increase sales of wool product.
Partnering with leading department store David Jones, The Woolmark Company’s Wool Week Australia was brought to life across David Jones retail stores and online, via a campaign starring David Jones ambassador and model Jessica Gomes. The campaign was shot at the iconic Nundle Woollen Mill in NSW - one of the first wool-producing areas in Australia and one of the last mills in the country, with much of its machinery sourced from historic mills and lovingly restored.
Featured in the campaign stills and fashion film is wool-rich winter fashion and accessories, all available to buy at David Jones, from brands including Bassike, Bianca Spender, Camilla and Marc, Dion Lee, Jac + Jack and Viktoria & Woods.
- Working in partnership with The Woolmark Company, David Jones drove more than AU$867,000 in editorial value (excluding social) with a total of 68 clippings throughout print, digital, online and broadcast
- Wool Week 2019 gained 38.7 million total media reach (excluding social)
- Overall, we reached 516,606 audience members via Woolmark-owned social channels with 1.5 million impressions and 251,800 engagement
- Visual merchandising support included window takeovers at David Jones key locations such as Bourke St, Elizabeth St, Market St and Hay St. The campaign was supported nationally in store via signage and VM pop ups across all stores.
- Hero placements across Davidjones.com homepage, the Wool Week landing page and category department pages throughout the campaign period. Extended header on Wool Week product category page.
- David Jones Ambassadors Jessica Gomes and Victoria Lee, plus six Australian influencers, were engaged by David Jones publicity to promote Wool Week and direct customers to shop the Wool Week Edit
- Wool Week content featured across Vogue.com.au via a homepage takeover, editorial features and Vogue Facebook and Instagram channels.