Sign up to Wool.com and create your own personal wool hub.
Developing wool shoes
- AWI's technical and marketing teams have driven new growth for wool in the footwear industry.
- An increasing number of brands are innovatively using Australian wool in performance shoes, such as these APL®
- The APL x Merino sneaker was sold into more than 20 global retailers.
Athletic Propulsion Labs® (APL) unveiled its most sustainable and lightest running shoe to date, partnering with The Woolmark Company to launch the APL TechLoom Breeze Merino Wool collection.
What we delivered:
APL partnered with The Woolmark Company to engineer and create the first technical-knit footwear certified by Woolmark. It is also APL's first foray into using Merino wool. The brand soon after released a Woolmark-certified apparel range. The partnership allowed APL to gain access to The Woolmark Company's technical teams and supply chain connections. Each shoe features 80% Australian Merino wool, innovatively knitted with APL’s patented, stretch-rebound TechLoom upper. This unique combination delivers greater elasticity, strengthens the shoe and allows it to naturally hug the foot for maximum support, especially during performance and sports lifestyle activities.
- First Woolmark-certified technical knit shoe
- 28% sell-through on shoe in only the first three weeks
- Currently the shoe is sold out in most colours and sizes
- Shoe sold into 20+ retailers
- More than 3 million social impressions
- Featured in more than 10 media publications