Sign up to Wool.com and create your own personal wool hub.
Chairman of AWI’s Board Nomination Committee
Respected and highly experienced company director Samantha Hogg has been appointed as the Independent Chairman of Australian Wool Innovation’s Board Nomination Committee.
Ms Hogg has had a 25-year career as an executive in the resources and toll road sectors including being Chief Financial Officer for Transurban.
Over the last 6 years she has joined a number of boards as either Chairman or Non-Executive Director.
She has been part of the National Covid-19 Commission Advisory Panel and the Tasmanian equivalent both of which focused on the social and economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ms Hogg is currently:
- a Non-Executive Director, Cleanaway Waste Management Limited;
- Board Member, Infrastructure Australia;
- Chairman, Tasmanian Irrigation ;
- Non-Executive Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee, Hydro Tasmania.
AWI’s Board Nomination Committee is responsible for:
- identifying necessary and desirable director competencies;
- considering candidates standing for election or re-election at any general meeting of the Company;
- and making non-binding recommendations to shareholders in relation to the election or re-election of such candidates.
The Board Nomination Committee is to consist of five persons:
- A Chair independent of the wool industry and independent from AWI, initially appointed by the Secretary of the Department of Agriculture;
- Two independent non-executive Directors of the Company (other than the Chair of the Company);
- One representative of the wool industry independent from the Company, nominated by the Wool Industry Consultative Panel plus one representative from an international executive search firm, nominated by the CEO of the Company (subject to approval by the independent Chair of the Board Nomination Committee).
No one who is a candidate for re-election as a Director may be appointed as a member of the Board Nomination Committee.
The closing date for receipt of nominations is Monday 20th September and the AGM date is Friday 19th November.