Sign up to Wool.com and create your own personal wool hub.
Australian wool in Chinese luxury department store
- AWI cements its relationship with China's leading luxury department store, Lane Crawford, to highlight the premium nature of Australian wool.
- This allows Australian wool to be readily available to the increasing number of luxury Chinese consumers.
- Retail staff were given extensive training to upskill their knowledge of Australian wool.
The Woolmark Company has entered a two-year strategic partnership with Chinese luxury department store Lane Crawford, to bring forward-thinking designs in wool direct to consumers. The first two collections in the collaboration were athleisure collections, launched with Chinese fashion designer Helen lee and activewear brand Particle fever.
Lane Crawford is a global luxury fashion beauty, lifestyle and department store that offers the largest designer portfolio in Greater China.
This marked the first co-branded athleisure collaboration in Greater China by The Woolmark Company. Under the theme Fashion x Fitness, the two collections were made available exclusively in Lane Crawford stores across China and Hong Kong as well as online for shipping worldwide. The campaign featured Chinese supermodel and fitness enthusiast He Sui.
The two capsule collections incorporate Merino wool into innovative and technical knitwear pieces that showcase the versatility of the fibre and its importance to the future of fashion.
- Giant window installations promoting Woolmark, the fibre and the collaborations at the stores’ main entrances
- Significant media coverage across print, web, social and broadcast with an earned media reach of 62.9 million and a media value of AU$458,150
- Retail staff training on the performance benefits of wool so they could inform their customers and influence purchasing decisions
- In-store events in Shanghai and Hong Kong