Sign up to Wool.com and create your own personal wool hub.
Fashion designer heroes Australian Merino wool
- Luxury London-based designer Emilia Wickstead journeyed to the source of Australian merino wool.
- The Merino wool-rich collection highlighted the trans-seasonal nature of the luxury fibre.
- Campaign reached more than 4.1 consumers.
The Woolmark Company partnered with renowned fashion designer Emilia Wickstead to create a workwear collection for the modern woman, crafted from 100% Australian Merino wool.
Certified by The Woolmark Company, the collection showcases wool as a fibre not only for winter, but a trans-seasonal fibre made to last. Born in New Zealand and now based in London, Wickstead travelled to Australia to experience first-hand and Australian wool-growing property, meeting the woolgrowers who produce this natural, renewable and biodegradable fibre.
“Working with Merino wool has been incredibly exciting for me: it’s biodegradable, it’s renewable, it’s natural and it’s the more sustainable option," said Wickstead. "We’ve shifted people’s perceptions about how wool can be worn by enjoying it season-to-season and not just as a winter textile.”
- The first 100% Australian Merino wool collection produced by covetable label Emilia Wickstead
- Media coverage in leading publications including Vogue UK, Vogue Australia and The Telegraph (UK)
- Dedicated media campaign reaching more than 4.1 million
- Opportunity for designer to travel to Australia to go back to the source and visit an Australian wool-growing property.