Sign up to Wool.com and create your own personal wool hub.
Australian wool part of America’s Cup
- Woolmark becomes official technical partner of the America’s Cup team Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli.
- The entire Luna Rossa sailing team will wear wool-rich garments whilst training and sailing.
- The partnership puts the best wool's innovations on the global stage.
The Woolmark Company was announced the official technical partner of the America’s Cup team Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli, at a press conference at Pitti Immagine Uomo 96 in Florence. The Woolmark Company will research, develop and support the Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team to create wool-rich technical garments to be worn by the entire Luna Rossa sailing team during training, sailing and offshore activities. The three-year partnership highlights the strong link between the world of sport and the world’s original performance fibre - Merino wool. Now in its 36th edition, the America’s Cup is the oldest trophy in the history of sport, which sees the participation of the most technologically advanced boats in the world.
What we delivered:
The Woolmark-certified Luna Rossa team and crew uniform will include: waterproof jacket, soft shell jacket, polo shirt, T-shirt, wet jacket, blouson, wetsuit and base-layers. In 2020, the first regatta of the America’s Cup World Series will take place in Cagliari, Italy. Additional World Series events will be held around the world in the lead up to Auckland, New Zealand, where in early 2021, the Prada Cup will decide the Challenger who will race in the 36th America’s Cup, presented by Prada, scheduled for March 2021.
The results thus far:
- Three-year partnership with Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli
- Development of a Merino wool team and crew uniform, positioning Merino wool as the ultimate performance fibre.
- Announcement of The Woolmark Company as the Official Technical partner garnered an earned media reach of 13.6 billion and an earned media value of AU$1.9 million. The announcement received global coverage including pick up in Australia, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK, USA and United Arab Emirates.